What is L-Glutamine???
When you are in the gym training, Glutamine levels become heavily depleted in your body, which will decrease your strength, stamina and recovery. It can your body take up to 5-6 days for Glutamine levels to return to normal levels. This is where Glutamine plays a key role in protein synthesis. There is clear evidence from many studies that show L-Glutamine supplementation can improve protein metabolism and can minimize breakdown of muscle.
Glutamine also increases your ability to release human growth hormones, which helps metabolize body fat and support new muscle growth. This ability helps prevent the breakdown of muscles.
This can be especially useful for an individual looking to ‘cut down’. this supplementation is most commonly used during summer period when you’re trying to get rid of some body fat without losing any muscle . Glutamine is needed throughout your body for optimal performance. Your small intestines requires the most Glutamine in your body, and your immune system also needs Glutamine because Glutamine levels deplete during workouts, bodybuilders are more susceptible to illnesses – this is why L-Glutamine supplementation is so important, not necessarily to gain more muscle, but for the maintenance aspect of the muscle.
10 to 15 grams of L-Glutamine a day – most serving will state 2-3 times per day with each serving at around 5 grams.
You should also know that you may already be getting some L-Glutamine in your diet from other supplements you’re taking. Many protein supplements already have some L-Glutamine mixed into it, so read the labels to know for sure. Best times to take L-Glutamine powder is in the morning, after a workout, and at night before bed time.
Key Benefits to L-Glutamine supplementation
- Glutamine has been linked to protein synthesis.
- It is one of the most important nutrients for your intestines.
- It has the ability to ‘repair a leaky gut’ by maintaining the structural integrity of the bowels.
- Prevents your muscle from being eaten up in order to provide Glutamine for other cells in the body.
- Helps maintain cell volume and hydration, speeding up wound and burn healing and recovery.
- It can help you produce growth hormone levels.
- It may serve to boost your immune system.
- It can even cure ulcers! Studies have found that 1.6 grams of Glutamine a day had a 92% cure rate in 4 weeks.
I am a regular user of the this supplement and I swear by it. I take this product every day without fail. I was always someone who struggled with my weight loss / muscle gain balance. L-Glutamine helps me maintain my lean muscle while I try to shake off the fat.